All of our products are put through rigorous safety testing and are considered safe for everyone 8 to infinity.
Several projects on littleBits involve the use of a box cutter, grill skewers and/or a hot glue gun. These tools should be used only under direct adult supervision.
For safe use and to maintain the quality of your products, here's what we recommend:
- Use standard alkaline or standard rechargeable batteries. Properly discard and replace exhausted batteries.
- Do not connect the two battery terminals to any conducting material.
- The USB power cable should only be connected to a USB-compliant port.
- Clean modules only by wiping with a dry cloth. If necessary, isopropyl alcohol on a cloth may be used sparingly, followed by wiping with a dry cloth.
- DO NOT use any other cleaning products on modules.
• This product contains small magnets. Swallowed magnets can stick together across intestines causing serious infections and death. Seek immediate medical attention if magnets are swallowed or inhaled.
• Most modules are small parts. DO NOT allow children under 3 years old to play with or near this product.
• NEVER connect any modules or circuits to any AC electrical outlet not pr
• Do not touch or hold any moving parts of modules while they are operating.
• Keep conductive materials (such as aluminum foil, staples, paper clips, etc.) away from the circuit and the connector terminals.
• Always turn off circuits when not in use or when left unattended.
• Never use modules in or near any liquid.
• Never use in any extreme environments such as extreme hot or cold, high humidity, dust or sand.
• Modules are subject to damage by static electricity. Handle with care.
• Some modules may become warm to the touch when used in certain circuit designs. This is normal. Rearrange modules or discontinue using if they become excessively hot.
• Discontinue use of any modules that malfunction, become damaged or broken.
Radio and Television Interference
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful
interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Changes and Modifications not expressly approved by the manufacturer or registrant of this equipment can void your authority to operate this equipment under Federal Communications Commissions rules.